Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Save me JeBuS!!!!!

Dickinson's "I dwell in possibility":

I dwell in Possibility--
A fairer House than Prose--
More numerous of Windows--
Superior--for Doors--

Of Chambers as the Cedars--
Impregnable of Eye--
And for an Everlasting Roof
The Gambrels of the Sky--

Of Visitors--the fairest--
For Occupation--This--
The spreading wide my narrow Hands
To gather Paradise--"

I nearly cried when she told us that we had to write our own poem imitating this one.

I never, never in my wildest dreams would have thought that my head would explode like a lotus unfolding atop my head when reading an Emily Dickinson poem. God help me. I almost had an orgasm.

I cannot do the author justice by peeling apart this poem for you as I saw it unfurl. To force it upon you would be a most heinous sin. I leave you to discover it on your own.