Friday, March 17, 2006

wish I had more time for whiskey... stupid work

Ack!

I feel like I lack direction. This seems like an awkward statement considering that I have finals next week. My direction, my goals, here and now, only consist of getting through the next week, without to much scarring. Though I have to admit that my Philo Prof made a statement to effect of “Most everyone in the academic world, tends to defend there position, whether right or wrong, and will pick apart your arguments in order to feel superior, so that they can get their grants or work published. Rarely do you see those seeking truth for the sake of knowledge”

Great….

No pursuit of truth or progress in the name of knowledge…just give me my money Ho. Fuck it if you are trying to discover the basis of emotion or the meaning of life.. you got grant money?? NO I didn’t think so…go philosophize on the street. Maybe the homeless will listen to you.

Should I be this bitter about my first quarter at an institution of higher learning?

Hellz ya! It’s St. Patricks Day! Whiskey and Guinness for the win!!