Thursday, February 02, 2006

Application unnecessary

In anticipation for a coveted day off this weekend I have been doing a lot of homework ahead of schedule. This is the weekend in which I am to act like a proper college student by injesting mass quanities of beer, and lay around most of day, in bed, with my lover.

I spent over two hours today, doing my WR 115 reading logs for three essays. Last night I did an algebra assignment and read my philosophy. Today on the bus ride home I read more for Philo. All of this in order that I may act spontaneously this weekend.

But here's the kicker.

My WR 115 teacher told class today to read the essays due next week, but to skip the reading logs.

WHAT?

I just spent my entire afternoon doing an assignment on the syllabus and I didn't have to complete it? I could have done my algebra instead? I'm kinda pissed. And I'm laughing at the same time. I can't seem to find that happy medium of applying myself and letting go.

And on the Subject of WR 115, I have another bone to pick. And that is that of me being one of 3 people out of about 15 people that handed in the final draft of an essay. In fact I was one of the few who handed in the first draft on time. It pains me to see these people not participating in the class. I find myself day- dreaming of their failed status, and poking them with sharp things. Some of these people are also the class clowns that talk while the teacher is talking, or while we are taking a laid back quiz. In general they disrupt the class and the discussion.

*whew*

Ok I'll go do some more algebra. I just wanted to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening. Hopefully soon I will take the time to sit down and write up some deeper thoughts. Many of which have sat on the back burner, because we usually discuss them in class the following day.