Thursday, January 26, 2006

the devil made me do it I swear

As part of my afternoon ritual, I head down to a campus pub and get some fried food and beer. Normaly in this hour or so I get an assignment done or at least the better part part of one.

Today however, was an exception. I was tempted to watch ESPN on the big screen and ignore an argument about faith. So tempted was I that I completely forgot about the theosophical topic and instead watched sports.

What sport you may ask, would drive this girl to put down a 3 page article and cheer and cuss at a large flat screen tv?

The Men's Australian Open Tennis Championships of course! I can't help my self. Ever since Andre Agassi surpassed all of my teenage girl fantasies, I have not been able to NOT watch men's tennis. I cheer, I cuss, my heart races faster, I clasp my hands in a prayer like manner, hoping and dreaming for the guy I think is the coolest, more humble and sportsman like.

And predictably the game was close and the drama high. Last week Baghdatis from greece caught my eye when he was playing the same Argentian he played today. And to be there as he came from behind to win the semi-final was an adrenalin rush I had not felt in along time.

The sad part is that the championship is Sunday and I heed to be at work. This is one game that I don't think I can catch on local radio.

So there you have it. The squirrel has a weak spot for men and tennis balls. Don't try to exploit it, unless you're a professional with tennis balls. Throwing Tennis balls for yellow dogs will not work either, so don't even try.