Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Philo did what in the who now?

Right then.

This week in philosophy class, we are discussing readings on various views of religion and what the nature of said topic is, what it IS or ISN'T. Great! I've done this for years!!!

But in way more intimate settings, with 4 or 5 people at a time, tops. This orgy of 40 or so people blandly licking at the teat of thinking makes me feel like I am totally missing out on the meat. Maybe that's not as good of metaphor as I would have liked. What I am trying to say is that, good discussion can not happen within the structure of the class, because:

A) The acoustics suck, I can't hear everyone. Nor can I see them all.

B) What the hell am I supposed to be pulling out of this shit I read? How does the author define religion. Wait I can do that one. damnit...on to C

C) Ok. This one is tough for me, because I don't want to complain, so here it goes. I get lost. The professor seems to be a bit random with his tangents, which y'all know I do all the time. This shouldn't be an issue.
I had to ask today, "what's the question?" And I think we had already discussed that topic Also, It seems that the right questions are not being asked.
Now I know this a 100 class and we aren't expected to have considered these things before. But damnit, if religion is so freakin relative or irrelative, then lets not discuss it. Instead lets look at how we are supposed to figure out the arguments.

No that won't do it either. I either want a smaller class, or more vocabulary to work with. Writing class is supposed to help with this, so I may have use my work sheets for one class to help decipher the text of Philo. I just don't always follow the prof and I think that he might get more out of me if he were to ask better questions for us to consider or ask me to write shit down and hand it in. (Oh my! She's demanding structure!) I don't know though and frankly, I don't want to assume that it is my place to know. I AM THE STUDENT. I want to learn. That's why I am borrowing a substantial amount of money.

damnit,that means more work.

Speaking of work...I want to drink coffee and do my homework!! It goes sooooo much faster and I can actually think throughly about the subject, whether it be math, or grammar, or reading about religon. The words just make more sense.

but alas, the lack of sleep last nightaffects how I process the information I take in. Today I had this feeling of my brain being gelled and information not traveling. I know what i need, but I don't have it, nor do I seek to find it. damn schedule A, telling me what I can and cannot do to my brain. Transmitters and pathways must be re-opened and allow for uninterrupted sleep.

Right then, there's homework and emails to address. I just needed to to take a break form 8 hours of school today.