Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Dazed, but not confused...

And I still need to do my algebra homework (polynominals oh my!). Maybe the coffee will help that.

But while I'm waiting for my coffee, I'll share a couple of things with you.

Numero Uno.
My brain stopped functioning at 11:30 am, just when the instructor started getting into the stuff I NEED to review. I didn't maintain anything from the last 20 mins of class today. And therefore have my work cut out for me. And sadly there was no tutor available this afternoon. I did find it very funny, though, that when the the instructor wrote out the polynominal on the board, my brain clicked and whirled. It then dawned on me that this was a point I had gotten frustrated with so many years ago. And I now know why! Apparently there are multiple ways to factor these equations out. There isn't just ONE way! Which was what my problem was in HS, I did it in manner comfortable to me and not the way the instructor wanted it done. Yay! Maybe I will get through this! (if the assignments don't kill me)

Number Two
Heading to a new class (Philosophy) at 12pm helped the brain immensely. I even got to be one of the "smart" kids in class today. Unfortunately, there's like 50 people in class, and 1/3 of them I already want to boot in the head. And I noticed a few strong personality types, based on their comments. Some were hoity-toity, others defensive, and others that were offensive. Then there were a few meek ones that offered what I considered "quaint" opinions. Make you want to pat them on the head and send them off to do their social work, opinions.

Numéro Trois et une Moitié
The bathrooms stink and are FILTHY! It's just disconcerting. Also, I need to remember to check fluid levels in the lighter before going to bed. It sucks to go and have your first cigarettete of the day and not be able to light it. At least this way, I had an excuse to go to the bar and have a beer before writing class :)

Time to play with numbers and read Plato.

iTunes- Hayden, Rachmaniov, Mozart...Anything classical to get my brain working!