Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Rolling my eyes at the Universe

It seems whenever I am on the verge of making a life directing decision, an opportunity comes along. Maybe it's a temptation or maybe's it's fate. I've recently learned of an opportunity that would, if I accepted (and was accepted), force me to deviate from full time schooling (at least anything anthropological related). And it's something that I would need to commit to for a long time. Which makes me think that it's only a temptation. Yes the money would be better and even further down the line...more money and travel, department head title and what have you, but...

It's not so much that I want to pursue this opportunity, it seems that it's a half-assed opportunity at that. Why doth the universe tease me so? To offer up the material security that I desire, through an apparatus I do not desire?

growls to self

Maybe I should just pray that I get struck by lightning, so that I can go buy a lotto ticket...Nah, It would probably work better if I sacrificed a few stray cats. Oh but the blood would be a terrible mess. "Sorry hon, I got carried away with the stabbing and all."

....passage of time....

A dear friend just called while I was writing this post. She has reminded me that at one time I had all that finacial stability and good job stuff. And that I threw it out the window for one purpose. To go to school. That I had said to her and many others at that time:

"This is not how I saw, nor do I see as my future."

So enough of this!
Bedwise is rightwise...