Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Thought

All essay contests should have a separate category for War Vets who write about their experiences while in service or engaged in activities for our government.

To top it off...He ACCIDENTALLY submitted it to the fiction category. He won.

I do not know if I would have won had he entered into the correct category. It just seems so cliché to me. Young boy comes home from Iraq, enters essay contest relating his non-fiction experiences, and BAM!He wins.

I do care that he entered the wrong category, he should have entered the non-fiction category- His girlfriend tells me this. I do care that he won in the wrong category and even though going to Iraq and what have you - is not man enough to say- oops wrong category, I can't accept this.

Maybe he did and the judges where all -meh, no Bigie.

I just am saddened to know that no matter how good my essay was or how good I was told it was, it will NEVER be good enough to win over some toy soldiers story.

I'm almost out of cheese...