Tuesday, August 01, 2006

hic...up!

Over the years I have involved my self with two very distinct organizations while seeking out a spiritual path. Both communities are blessed with beautiful and intelligent people that I would jump through flaming hoops to aid if necessary. But over the last year or so, I have sought an individual path, exploring and sometimes forgetting about the path.

I see my pattern. I engage with a group and expend energy up the wazoo for a few years and then I burn out, seek solitude for a year and then wonder where I have gotten myself too. And then the call comes again for participation in the universe. The old gods speak and assert themselves in synchronisties, that I can't deny. I start to crave rituals and a type of magick that comes with acknowledgement of archetypes and the nature of things.

I have considered stepping back into the swing of things, but certain elements exist that I cannot concede to without denying something of myself. The other option would be to seek out a new group, but I have no desire to build new foundations, that I'll just burn out on when I've expended more resources that I have or care to give.

So I'm going to remain on my path of solitary exploration until the right thing happens to engage me in a community. But I'm going to step it up a bit. In part it saddens me, but not for want of just any community. But because some rituals are just more fun with a few extra hands. The other part that saddens me is that the brethren I want near me, are 2000 miles away.

I am by nature both a hermit and a pack animal. The balance is hard to keep sometimes. Stupid Libra tendencies.