Sunday, June 11, 2006

Guantanamo suicides a 'PR move'

Reading this story in which American officals call the Guantanamo suicides a 'PR move', makes me feel very ill for at least two reasons.

One, apparently being held against your will for several years without actually being charged with something, is no grounds for killing yourself. Excuse me, but whether or not I kill myself is between me and maybe those whom I want to know.

Secondly, I think calling the deaths of these men a "PR trick" is an Orwellian phrase used to decieve the public... again. Yes, the deaths will call attention to the fact that there are men locked up on an island, possibly for no good reason. But it's still playing these men as our enemies, creating fear and disgust in the "con"scious of the American public. Who in their right mind would forgive you for holding them in a cage for no damn good reason other than because somebody attacked your house of cards?

Oh and Thirdly, this is convenient:
On Friday, Mr Bush said he would "like to end Guantanamo", adding he believed the inmates "ought to be tried in courts here in the United States". Ya, I believe you. It's these awful little soldiers that are keeping these men locked up or somesuch isn't it? Let's not forget your conservative compassion...

*sigh*

You know what America? When our asses get blown up again because of all the times we neglect to share the liberty and right to live with every other human on this planet, unless it is convenient for us, I'm gonna laugh my ass off. And then I'm gonna be sad, because it will the innocent that die for your deceitful, fascist ways. I can only hope that someday you take the gun to your own skulls and stop trying to assert your selves on or over everyone else.

Hrmmm I think my blood sugar is a little low, I should go find some breakfast. Try not to hate to much today, unless it's the neighbor mowing his lawn, keeping you from napping, and making you growly...ya he deserves it.