Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My take on the Mideast

For the last few days I have been listening to the news on the BBC and come to the conclusion that they either need to stop shooting at each other or make it an all out blood path, with no prisoners or consideration for civilian life. No nukes though. Nukes bad.

I can't even begin to describe the futility I feel as I sit here trying to think of how to present the information I have garnered from random radio and news stories about the sitituation. Hezbollah is more rag tag militants then army, so there's little point in trying to call a cease fire with them it seems. Israel has had it up to there necks with this crap and knows of no other way, it seems. So I sit here looking at theh situation from my simple mindedness and lack of desire to really understand the predicerment they've gotten themselves into.

I know however that if my yard was taken over by the governer of, let's say Montana, and they gave it to some developer who wants to make it into condos for the Chippewa tribe and not for Oregonians, I would be pretty pissed.

But since it was ok 60 years or so ago to do something similar, then I want my piece of the Blackforest, damnit. I wanna return to my homeland, too. And while were at it, lets ship all the African Americans back to Africa. All the Europeans back to Europe, etc, etc.

I know, I know. It's silly and irrational. But I really don't understand why they have to fight over it so. I think they're all being silly and irrational. They either need to make the peace of wipe each other of the planet though. This has gone on way to long and it's bloody stupid.

And there ends my ill-informed rant on the Mideast.